Tuesday, December 30, 2008

About This Blog

I have always loved food. Food is one of my favorite parts of life! But for the past few years, I have become fascinated by diet and nutrition and have been constantly searching for ways to improve my health and diet. I've gone from the Standard American Diet, experimented with different "healthy" or "weight loss" foods, cleanses and fasts, the raw foods lifestyle, vegetarianism, and veganism. I've been on a rollercoaster journey between fast food restaurants, overeating, obsession with sweets, meat diets, vegetarian diets, raw foods diets, and back again. I struggled to reach my ideal weight, and struggled even harder to keep it the few times I actually reached it. The most success I have ever experienced was on raw and cleansing diets. But due to lack of knowledge about how to properly eat a raw/mostly raw diet, I gave up the first time around. Then, after months of craving more raw foods and remembering how wonderful I felt and how awesome it was to be at my perfect weight, I sought out the raw lifestyle again. Wisdom came to me in the form of Natalia Rose's book, Raw Food Life Force Energy. The book showed me how and why my first attempts at the raw diet failed and how to do it right this time. It also offered something most Raw books don't; freedom to follow the lifestyle as closely as you desire. I have loved my experience getting back into raw foods; I have even been inspired to possibly go back to school to study to be a nutritionist. I find that I just love talking about nutrition and diet, and get so excited when I get the chance to share what I know and what I've been through. The financial cost and time it would take to finally become a certified nutritionist is a little overwhelming and discouraging when I want to help people now. But then I realized, as I was reading other blogs and websites about raw foods, just how much I enjoy reading about other people's experiences and how I could be helpful by just sharing what part of me I can. So, here it is! I will be writing about my food journey from the beginning to current, write book reviews about my favorite (and not-so-favorite) cookbooks and health books, and share recipes. I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment