Sunday, February 8, 2009

Operation Prosperity Consciousness

So everyone has heard about the economy. People are losing jobs. Businesses are slowing down. We're all trying hard to survive. We've been inundated with news and stories about "how bad it is."

My question is: what good is this negative talk doing anybody? The economy sucks right now; yeah, I get it. I'm grateful for the heads up so that I can watch my spending. But that's enough already. I know times are hard. I know some of you have lost your jobs. But instead of focusing on what we don't have, what we can't do, let's focus on what we can do. No matter how bad off you are there is someone, somewhere, who is far worse. Seriously; stop and think about it.

I am a strong believer that "like attracts like." If you feel like you have nothing; if you feel broke; if you feel desperate; that's what your life will reflect back to you. It's just not possible for you to see all the good things you have; all the possibilities; all the opportunities; if you are looking the wrong way.

After reading Real Magic by Wayne Dyer, I believe it is essential to build a "Prosperity Consciousness," especially during financially trying times. The worst thing we can do is think in terms of lack. No matter what, we need to feel prosperous on the inside; we need to feel like we have all that we need, that we have more than enough. And what do you do when you have more than enough?

You share. You give to others.

I've been inspired to give in whatever little ways I can. Every week. Every day in my own way. I know hour first response will probably be, "I have nothing, how can I give anything away?" My reply to you is that you need to rid yourself of that thinking right now. Deep down you know there is something you can do to contribute, even if it is tiny. A can of corn can cost less than a dollar! Can you spare 1 dollar a week? 1 dollar a month? Are there clothes you don't wear anymore? Food in your cupboards that are nearly expired? Even if it is something small, your contribution is in no way insignificant. It will make you feel so good and it will switch your thoughts from lack to abundance.

There are so many things you can do, but you must feel good about it and want to do it. Sharing is not about sacrifice or going without. Sharing is about being of service to others because it makes you feel good.

I'm going to share my ideas of how I intend to contribute and share. Please add your own ideas to my comments or copy and repost this (adding your ideas) wherever you like to whomever you like. Sooner or later we'll all see how easy it is to give; how many little ways we can all make a difference.

I, Tessonja Odette, intend to:

1.) Donate at least one healthy, high-quality canned or boxed food item to a local food band or a friend or family in need each week.

2.) Shop at local stores that I would like to support and see flourish. For example: Fresh Vitamins in Westswood Village; I love the fact that there is a store in West Seattle/White Center that carries vegan and live-food items and I want to support their mission by buying their products when I can. Also, Sidecar for Pigs Peace in the U Disctict; an all-vegan grocery store run by volunteers; the profits are donated to Pigs Peace Sanctuary! And the Raw Freedom Community Forum; an awesome community all about sharing info and recipes; buying items through their links donates a percentage right back to the RFC!

3.) Donate a useful item or money to Pigs Peace Sanctuary every time I shop at Sidecar grocery.

Share. Pass it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment